Speech & Language Therapy
What ReCreate Me has done for me and my little 3 year-old-boy has been life changing….
RS, St. Albans
What We Do
A Speech and Language Therapist is involved in providing assessment and therapy to adults and children who have difficulties with speech, language and communication.
Speech and Language Therapists also work with people who have difficulties with eating, drinking and swallowing (known as ‘Dysphagia’).
Therapy can involve working with and providing training to everyone involved in a person’s life. This includes friends, families, support workers, nurses, care staff and work colleagues.
Who We See
• Infants, children and adults
• Developmental speech and language difficulties
• Learning disabilities
• Autistic Spectrum Disorders
• Neurological conditions (e.g. Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s)
• Stroke and head injury
• Head and neck cancer
• Mental Health (including Dementia)
• Dysphagia and Enteral Feeding
• Voice and vocal difficulties
What We Offer
• Therapy and Rehabilitation
• Specific Therapy Programmes
(e.g. LSVT, PECS)
• 2nd Opinions
• Staff Training
• Practitioner and NQT Supervision
Sessions are held at the ReCreate Me studio or any external venue such as your home, nursing home, work or school.
All Speech and Language Therapists at ReCreate Me are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
ReCreate Me Speech and Language Therapists are also approved practitioners with various Health Insurance Providers
Did You Know…?
• Around 2.5 million people in the UK have a speech or language difficulty
• 5% of children enter school with difficulties in speech and language
• 30% of stroke sufferers have a persisting speech and language disorder
• Around 70 million people worldwide have a stammer (approx. 1% of the world’s population)
• 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year
• There are 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK today (1.3% of the population)
An aptitude to engage with the psychodynamic nature of the group and show flexibility with his style of working.
MH – Staff Nurse, Jules Thorn Recovery Centre, St. Pancras Hospital
…your ability to communicate with others about speech and language issues has been exceptional…
RS, St. Albans
Train to Talk through our bespoke, practical and comprehensive one-to-one communication training workshops, covering all aspects of public speaking, across a variety of personal, professional and social contexts.
Personalised, Speech Therapist-led baby signing classes to encourage and develop your child’s communication skills before they can talk and enhance their potential.
Contact us today.